Welcome

Marshall McLuhan talks about "the shock of recognition," how we are all tangled up in each other, (for some good, for some other stuff, for some bad), due to how our media environment "compels commitment and participation." In this exciting statement is a reason I am so often nervous- how do I participate, if I haven't finished anything yet? 

 This isn't my first time creating a blog, but it is the first time I fully expected to. I graduated high school as the first lockdown started, when my peers and I decided to use the opportunity by turning the usual Senior Festival exhibition into a portfolio site where we could share our work all together. (You can find that site here).

So, coming into creating a second blog space, I'm noticing my familiar reluctance to engage in anything I'm not entirely sure of yet. 

But I contain multitudes, and right beside that reluctance is the joy I grab for while exploring new ideas, skills, and experiences.


This space will take shape from the ground up, instead of encompassing my entire being, (four years felt like ages a few years ago). I'll focus on creating the things as much, and maybe more, as I will focus on the things I create. 

 

My parents call me a space cadet for the amount of time I spend up in my head, or even just my room- I'm usually late to a family dinner, and I have accidentally made it a habit since I was tiny, so now I will refer to my story/artistic spot on the internet as the various reasons I'm not down for dinner yet. From theatre props, to filmmaking, to puppets, and the art in between... its here.  


Return to rethink, rewrite count: 1

Comments

  1. I really like your work, I've tried this method of creation before! It really takes patience and a lot of passion for your work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment